Still looking for venues and ideas to view the July 4th Fireworks?
Looking for some last minute ideas on where to watch the fireworks or spend your July 4th weekend? Umviia has created a list for the last minute planners.What time, date and location are these Fourth of July 2017 fireworks displays? Scroll down to find out. Please note that many events, including fireworks displays, are not on July 4 and some are scheduled for June 30th – July 2nd.
** If you know of any other local Fourth of July fireworks displays and events that we didn’t include in this list, please add them in the comments section.**
- “The Woodrow Wilson Bridge” in Alexandria offers a great view straight up the Potomac to the Washington Monument. If you are looking to stay from the traffic and crowds, this may be a good option”
- George Washington’s Mount Vernonshoots fireworks starting June 30th – July1st , Tickets are $30 for adults, $20 for children.
- There may be no better spot for seeing the Mall fireworks display than from the water on the beautiful Potomac. Spirit cruise is offering passengers a dinner buffet, open bar, and deejay. The cruise boards at 6:30and runs from 7:30 – 11:30. All passengers must be 21 or older. Enjoy all this for $199.90 per person.
- The Francis Scott Key Bridge and 14th Street Bridge are great spots for viewing the fireworks
- The Kennedy Center Terrace – Kennedy Center offers gorgeous breathtaking views of the city. If you are seeking a less crowded option to see the fireworks, this is one of the better options
- W Washington Hotel – Boom with a View – The W Hotel provides access to their rooftop for breathtaking views of the Independence Day fireworks! Enjoy your fireworks with a DJ and drinks all night!
- “National Cathedral “ has some amazing views—and the Beauvoir School offers playground for kids to hang out on before the fireworks.” This is a great option for families with kids.
- DC also has a great number of rooftop venues that offer the fireworks views. Some options include:
- Red, White & Brew Wine and Beer Festival at Navy Yard. Tickets are available through eventbrite. $45-$50. July 1st & 2nd.
- DNV Rooftop. DNV Rooftop is a local favorite for live music, Japanese street food and craft cocktails
- Rooftop BBQ at Rosewood – Offering dramatic views of the Potomac River, Kennedy Center and Washington Monument, the Rooftop Bar & Lounge is available to guests of the hotel and to the public. You can make a reservation for the July 4th buffett – $45 for kids & -$95 for adults.
- “America” Party at the Embassy Row Hotel -. Time:3 – 6 pm
Tickets: $30 starting at 3 pm; complimentary for hotel guests. In celebration of the highly anticipated summer holiday, The Embassy Row Hotel is hosting a 4th of July “America” party at The Rooftop open to guests of the hotel and locals looking for the best view of Washington D.C.’s fireworks.
- July 4th Poolside Cookout at Liaison Capitol Hill – Tickets range from $40 -$275. Spend your Fourth of July at a Poolside Cookout! There will be grilling poolside from 12-8pm, so you can enjoy tacos, beer, cocktails, and more a la carte. Tacos: $4 each, Chips & Guacamole: $5. The Rooftop Pool & Lounge will be open from 8am-10pm.
- Independence Day BBQ at Salamander Resort & Spa . $15 per plate, drinks sold separately. For more information, please call 540-326-4070.
- Roof Deck BBQ at 1905 . $20 for 3 items all afternoon with ice cold beer and cocktails. Get there early for a prime spot to watch the fireworks from the Mall after dusk.
The WTOP website also has great information on the July 4th fireworks locations for the different areas.
Curbed DC has also compiled a fantastic list which is worth checking out.
Disclaimer – Please call the venues to ensure they have availability and the mentioned rates etc still apply.